BETHESDA, Md., June 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Bethesda Chapter of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) today announced the winners of the 11th Annual InnovateIT Awards. The awards program honors senior executives and emerging leaders who are providing transformative leadership and driving innovation across the three primary focus areas of the President’s Management Agenda; mission, service and stewardship. Two awards are given in each category—one to a senior government leader and one to an emerging government leader. Additionally, the program recognizes one Outstanding Civilian Leader of the Year and three Outstanding Industry Leaders of the Year who have spearheaded IT initiatives that have delivered extraordinary results. Awardees will be recognized at a dinner on July 19, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Washington, D.C.
“This year’s InnovateIT awardees have proven themselves to be thought leaders and have demonstrated innovative solutions that meet agency challenges,” said Pam Carpenter, Vice President of the InnovateIT Awards Program. “On behalf of AFCEA Bethesda, I congratulate our winners and I am excited to recognize these leaders at our annual Senior Government Executive dinner.”
The 2018 InnovateIT Awards winners include:
Outstanding Civilian Leader
- Ceci Coates, Managing Director, A/LM/PMP, U.S. Department of State
Outstanding Industry Leader
- Garth Williams, Telecommunications Specialist, The Ambit Group
- Quincy Borel, Telecommunications Specialist, The Ambit Group
- Anirudh Kulkarni, Chief Executive Officer, CVP and Team
Mission – Senior Government Leader
- Mohammed Taher, Executive Director, HR Solutions Center, Transportation Security Administration
Mission – Emerging Government Leader
- Eric Jeanmarie, Deputy Chief of Identity, Records and National Security Delivery Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Service – Senior Government Leader
- Michelle Nelson, Division Director, Office of Information and Technology, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Team
Service – Emerging Government Leader
- Matt Goodrich, Director, FedRAMP, U.S. General Services Administration and Team
Stewardship – Senior Government Leader
- Rosanne Hodge, Group Director, IT Capital Planning Group, Office of Information Technology, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Stewardship – Emerging Government Leader
- William Hamilton, Operations Manager, FedRAMP, U.S. General Services Administration
Awardees were selected by a committee of current and former AFCEA Bethesda Chapter board members and executive steering committee members.
Visit the 11th Annual InnovateIT Awards website to learn more about the winners.
ABOUT AFCEA BETHESDA
AFCEA Bethesda is a non-profit organization encouraging dialogue and partnership between the Federal Government and industry to solve today’s most critical IT challenges. Through our widely attended events, we strive to foster better inter-agency communication, share best practices, identify mission-critical issues and management approaches and increase engagement with industry IT solution and service providers.
AFCEA Bethesda has enjoyed great success over the years in engaging the Federal civilian space, making us the premier civilian chapter for AFCEA International. On average each year, we engage more than 250, primarily civilian, senior government executives who participate as speakers and moderators for our widely attended annual events (e.g., Monthly Breakfast Series, IT Days, Technology Symposia, and Senior Executive Dinners). Our Chapter proceeds are entirely donated to academic scholarships in the order of $185,000 per year. In addition, our annual A Night for the Children Gala has generated over $7 million in proceeds for charities benefiting the health, welfare and education of children.
Additionally, our active Young AFCEA organization provides a network for young professionals to connect with rising leaders and seek mentoring relationships in the initial stages of their careers. The Young AFCEANs manage six independent annual programs facilitating dialogue between corporate IT executives and senior federal leadership. These events include large networking receptions, policy luncheons, a charity golf tournament and a 300 attendee salon style dinner featuring prominent federal executive guests.
For additional information please visit www.afceabethesda.org.
(571) 323-2585 x6155