MONTREAL, June 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kathy Baig, Eng., FEC, has been re-elected President by acclamation of the 98th Board of Directors of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec, which met for the first time this morning. This is the second 2-year term for Ms. Baig, who has been an OIQ Board member since 2013 and was elected President of the OIQ for the first time in 2016. Ms. Baig is the fourth women to hold this position since the OIQ was created in 1920.
Ms. Kathy Baig will preside over the Board of Directors, which has 17 instead of 24 members. For the purposes of sound governance, the OIQ has wanted to reduce the size of its Board of Directors since 2015. Once the Act to amend various legislation mainly with respect to admission to professions and the governance of the professional system came into force, the OIQ was able to move forward with its plans to significantly reduce the size of its 2018-2019 Board of Directors by not replacing the directors whose terms ended in June 2018.
The 2018-2019 Board of Directors is formed by the following directors:
- Kathy Baig, Eng., FEC, President of the OIQ;
- Anne Baril, Eng., Director, Operational Monitoring and Expertise Department, Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l’Électrification des transports;
- Maxime Belletête, Eng., Industrial Director, EXP;
- Charles Bombardier, Eng., President, Imaginactive;
- Eric Bordeleau, Eng., Director of the Electrical Engineering Department, ASDR Canada;
- Louis Champagne, Eng., FEC;
- Richard Gagnon, member appointed by the Office des professions du Québec;
- Zaki Ghavitian, Eng., FEC;
- Sandra Gwozdz, Eng., FEC, Project Manager, Bombardier Aerospace;
- Claude Laferrière, Eng.;
- Carole Lamothe, Eng., Director, Eurovia;
- Alexandre Marcoux, Eng., Project Manager, Octasic Inc.;
- Diane Morin, member appointed by the Office des professions du Québec;
- Catherine Nadeau, member appointed by the Office des professions du Québec;
- Christelle Proulx, Eng., Project Manager, Pageau Morel and Associates Inc.;
- Christian Proulx, member appointed by the Office des professions du Québec;
- Nicolas Turgeon, Eng., Deputy Director, Industrial Efficiency and Environment, Centre de recherche industrielle du Québec.
As part of the reform of its governance, the OIQ decided to abolish the Executive Committee and the First Vice President and other Vice President positions, when this 98th Board of Directors took office.
About the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
Founded in 1920, the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec has a membership of some 63,000 engineering professionals in all fields, except forest engineering. The OIQ’s aim is to be a unifying organization and a reference for professionalism and excellence in engineering. Its mission is to protect the public by acting to ensure that engineers serve society with professionalism, compliance and integrity in the public interest. For more information, go to www.oiq.qc.ca.
For a quick update on OIQ news, join our virtual communities:
- Facebook www.facebook.com/oiq.qc.ca
- Twitter https://twitter.com/OIQ
- LinkedIn http://bit.ly/LinkedInOIQ
- Youtube http://bit.ly/YoutubeOIQ
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
Tel.: 514 845-6141 or 1 800 461-6141, extension 3253